How Much Do You Miss When You Miss A Call?
One of the biggest problems chiropractic offices face in operating their business is the problem of missed calls. Even with a full-time receptionist, most small and medium offices do not have the capacity or resources to capture every call that comes in while at the same time managing the additional duties of the practice. Alternatively, large offices may receive such a high volume of incoming calls that many calls end up slipping through the cracks. Each one of those missed calls equals missed opportunity.
You May Never Get a Second Chance
Today, consumers expect easy and 24-hour access to those with whom they do business. When a patient calls, they expect to have a live person on the other end who is able to provide a polite greeting and assurance that their call is important. A live answer is so important that 67% of all callers say they will not bother calling a business back if they do not receive an answer. That represents a significant opportunity lost, whether it is the opportunity for increased revenue through new patients, or simply the opportunity to better serve your current patients.
Breaking it Down
What do missed calls look like in action?
- Missing calls means missing out on revenue. If, for example, you had 30 calls a month and each call represented on average of $500 and you missed 20% of them, that is $3,000 in lost revenue per month.
- Missed calls during peak operating hours make a business look too busy to provide personal care.
- Calls not answered during hours believed to be less busy make a business look disorganized and unresponsive.
- When calls are answered hastily, cut short, or callers perceive your attention is divided, they assume the care they receive will be the same.
- When calls go to voicemail, customers feel ignored and under-valued.
No matter the size of your chiropractic business, you need to have a plan for dealing with incoming calls so that none are missed. One of the most powerful tools you can use to meet the challenge is utilizing a professional answering service. Midwest Answer has been meeting the needs of the chiropractic industry since 1974 with professional, customized answering services. For More information, Please call us today at 844-720-1115.